What a year! Like us, I imagine you are more than ready to shake the dust off your bags and begin planning your next travel adventure.
Many of us experienced the unexpected effects of COVID, whether this meant interrupted plans, canceled flights, or postponed trips. However, I think we all sighed with relief as many travel restrictions were lifted, and international travel once again became an option.
While I am sure you are more than ready to pick up where you left off, we recommend that you pause for a moment before forging ahead. Though countries are once again welcoming travelers, it will be some time before things fully function the way they were pre-COVID.
One of the best things you
can do to ensure a stress-free
and enjoyable trip is to
• Take some time and research before scheduling your trip. The last thing you want is to be hasty in your planning, only to discover too late that current restrictions interfere with your scheduled plans.
• Verify if any of your travel destinations have specific guidelines and requirements in place for foreign visitors. You may not personally agree with some of these. If you are unable or reluctant to comply with them, this should not discourage you from traveling; however, you may need to rethink your initial plans and adjust your itinerary as needed.
• Once you have finalized your itinerary, you will want to follow up regularly as requirements and restrictions are continuously being modified.
• Find out what steps you need to take to be prepared. Plan appropriately to ensure you can get all required documents in order in a timely manner. This could include passport renewal, visas, travel insurance, required / recommended vaccines, and PCR-COVID tests if applicable.
• Speak to your travel agent or airline representative to get information on airport and airline protocols as they may vary from one to another.
• Create a checklist to help you track your progress and avoid missing an important step. If the process seems daunting contact your local Travel Agency. I can assure you they will be thrilled to help plan your next trip.
We have all been navigating these unusual circumstances to the best of our ability. I can guarantee we are all eager to hit the road and journey to sights unseen. If you do choose to travel, please be patient as you interact with employees and other personnel. Kindness can go a long way.
And don’t forget to take in every moment. Admire the beautiful landscapes. Breathe in the fresh air or the aroma of delicious cuisines. Appreciate the resilience and fortitude of those around you. Be encouraged by our ability to overcome and press forward in the face of challenging times.
We hope you do not stop
exploring or being curious
about the world.
Many adventures await you.