Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas
by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
Royal Caribbean’s new show stopping, jaw dropping Oasis class ships offer the wow factor that will leave you reliving your vacation again and again. The Oasis of the Seas and sister ship, Allure of the Seas, are as revolutionary as the concept that cruising could be a vacation rather than a means of transportation. Designed around 7 different neighborhoods, the ships offer the very best of land-based activities, like Broadway shows, parades, diving water shows, a zip line, and more.
The Oasis and Allure aren’t your standard cruise ships. It’s as if the designers asked a group of travelers “What would be your most over the top, wild thing you could imagine on a cruise line?” Then, they did it.
Topping the list of exciting venues for cruise vacationers is a world’s first on a cruise ship – soaring across the ship is a zip line – strap in, if you dare!
The Aqua Theater
One of the pools on the Oasis and Allure offers shows, both fountain and light shows, funny water acrobatic shows, synchronized swimming shows, and daring diving shows. Olympic and National Collegiate divers thrill audiences with their acrobatic prowess, where divers even hold a handstand on the diving board on the moving ship before flipping and twisting into the water, taking your breath away.
If you think cruise ships have nothing new to offer in the way of entertainment, take a look at these ships. Oasis of the Seas was the first ship to feature a Broadway play, Hairspray. Allure of the Seas offers cruisers the good seats to Chicago.
The seven different neighborhoods of the Oasis class ships give you plenty of space to explore and discover, to find a place at sea that will suit your mood.
- Feel like taking a walk in the great outdoors? You’ll love sun dappled Central Park, with over 12,000 plants and trees.
- Want to ride a wave? Head to the Sports Zone, where you can grab a board and ride one of the FlowRiders.
- In the mood for relaxation and tranquility? Visit the individual or couples treatment rooms for an indulgent experience.
- Ready for some sun? Relax on a lounger at the beach pool with sloped entry and loungers with water gently rolling underneath them.
- Looking for an over the top experience? Have a drink at the Rising Tide Bar- the only moving bar at sea. The bar—tables, chairs, people, everything– gentle ascends and descends from floors 5 to 8.
- Hungry or in the mood for a cocktail? Choose from 14 restaurants and bars onboard Oasis Class ships.
Without a doubt, the Oasis sister ships are the most innovative, extraordinary, entertaining ships sailing the high seas. Ready to book? The Oasis departs Ft. Lauderdale on Saturdays, and the Allure departs Ft. Lauderdale on Sundays. Both offer Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.
Looking for wow factor in your vacation?
The Oasis of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International’s sister ship to Allure of the Seas, is a definite crowd pleaser, without feeling like you are on the biggest ship afloat, visiting some of the most loved ports in the Caribbean.
The design is revolutionary in cruise ships. The center of the ship is actually open to the sky, giving the nearly double the amount of balconies a traditional ship offers.
With 37 categories, it could be intimidating to select the one that’s right for you. However, when you look at the 4 main categories, it makes it much easier. Your choices for a week on the Oasis are:
- Inside Staterooms- the least expensive staterooms offer 2 twin beds that can convert to a queen, sitting area, and private bath. Also in this stateroom are family interior rooms that sleep up to 6 (a rarity among cruise ships) and Promenade Interior staterooms, which have a bowed window with a view onto the Promenade Deck.
- Outside Staterooms- these staterooms have a view- either of the outside of the ship (ocean view) or of the Promenade, Boardwalk, or Central Park Decks. There are also Outside Family staterooms that can accommodate 6 people.
- Balcony Staterooms- on a traditional ship, all of the balconies would have an outside wall on the ship, which would face the ocean. The Oasis has a central area that opens to the sky. The interior balcony staterooms open to open air and blue skies, but have a view of the Promenade and other areas. Family Balcony Staterooms, which sleep 6, are available.
- Suites- these range from a Junior Suite to the Royal Loft Suite, 2 stories of luxury and 17 foot windows. Some come with concierge service. The most unusual of all at sea are the AquaTheater Suites, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a wrap around deck, and amazing views of the sea and the shows at the AquaTheater. There’s always a seat for you for the shows.
While onboard, you’ll move from one neighborhood to another, just as if you were sightseeing on land.
BoardwalkSM featuring AquaTheater
The Boardwalk has a playful quality, with handcrafted Carousel, just another of Royal Caribbean’s fist at seas. Teens and kids have their own shopping areas, and you can have a casual meal at the Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets, and the Donut Shop. AquaTheater outdoor theater will feature daring dive show, synchronized swimming, a comedy dive show and dancing fountains. Still not wowed? Take the first ever Zip Line at Sea, from one end of the ship to the other, soaring over the Boardwalk.
Meander through this garden with over 12,000 specimens of plants and trees. It’s open to the sky, with winding paths of quiet reading corners and other hidden surprises. After a stroll visit Antonio’s Table and Chops Grille for upscale dining.
Raise a glass at the Rising Tide Bar- the only one at sea that rises and lowers 3 floors while drinkers soak up the passing scenery. Dining and Lounge options include Sorrento’s Pizzeria, Mondo Café, Café Promenade, Boleros Latin Lounge, Schooner Bar & Champagne Bar, On-Air Club.
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness
YSPA- the first youth spa at sea is a great way for kids to feel pampered and special. Adults can indulge in solo and couple massage suites, and complete hair and makeup services. The gym has 158 state-of-the-art cardio and resistance machines, pilates, kickboxing, yoga and spinning classes. For a healthy snack after a workout, head to Solarium Bistro.
Pool and Sports Zone
Splashes and squeals are the norm at the colorful H2O Zone aqua park for kids. The Oasis has 4 pools and 10 whirlpools, and an adults only, tranquil poolside Solarium area. Kids of all ages can take on one of 2 Flowriders®, where you can surf or boogie board at sea, a sports courts with basketball, mini-golf, Zip Line. Dine at the Solarium Bistro or the Wipe Out Café and Bar.
There are just as many options onboard at night as there are during the day. Casino Royale, Studio B, featuring ice shows, Opal Theater – 1,380-seat venue offering multiple showings of the Tony award winning Hairspray, Blaze Nightclub, Jazz on 4, Comedy Live and Dazzles, featuring musical spectacles ranging from big band to disco.
Is the place for your children, whether they are cared for by Royal Babies & Royal Tots – nursery service, or dancing in the teen Fuel Disco, participating in the Adventure Ocean Theater and Science Lab, or joining in on The Workshop – includes activities such as jewelry making & scrapbooking.