(800) 2-WILCOX or (800) 294-5269
Located over 100 miles from the closest airport, Wilcox World Travel and Tours began by planning vacations, handling Corporate Travel for Manufacturiing plants in the area, and taking bus tours for College (Appalachian State Teachers College, now Applachian State University), high schools to such destinations as Washington DC, New York, Boston, Miami and many others.
In 1965, Glenn Wilcox, Sr. decided to move the headquarters to a city with an airport. Asheville, Greensboro and Charlotte rounded out the top 3 choices and Asheville was chosen due to its mountain location.
In 1967, Wilcox Travel joined the American Express Travel Agency Representatives as one of the first 50 charter members in the world…a relationship we enjoy to this day.
Over the years, we have expanded our travel services from Corporate Travel and vacation planning to include custom group tour packages, Conference and Meeting planning and consultation, Missionary Travel, Humanitarian Aid Travel, and Disaster Relief Travel.
When you choose American Express and Wilcox Travel, there are many advantages for both vacation and business travelers alike.
Carefree Travel Planning
Our offices are staffed by experienced travel professionals who provide superior service and attention to detail. Regardless of the destination – foreign or domestic – we take care of all the reservations, telephoning and paperwork so the traveler can enjoy a truly worry-free trip.
The Best Vacation Values
The tremendous buying power of the American Express Network of 1,700 plus offices around the world and our experience, resources, and influence allow you to choose from a wide selection of travel programs designed to provide the best possible value for your personal travel dollar.
Quality Travel Suppliers
Wilcox Travel/American Express has carefully selected a group of reputable, long-term supplier partners worldwide who, provide reliable added-value products and services. After almost 60 years in business, Wilcox Travel/American Express adds to that list many long-term, solid relationships with airlines and land operators around the world. These companies provide vacation packages, tours, and cruises to most every destination spanning the globe.
Worldwide Customer Care
The Wilcox Travel/American Express is part of a financially stable global network working on behalf of customers. With Wilcox Travel/American Express, our service doesn’t stop once a trip begins. While traveling, our customers have the security and convenience of our worldwide network of more than 1,700 travel locations in over 130 countries who will provide assistance free of office charges with reconfirmation of airline tickets, hotel and car rental reservations, sightseeing arrangements and airline flight rescheduling. And, as a member of the American Express Business Travel Service, Wilcox Travel can provide a toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline for your use anywhere in the world when our offices are closed.
Outstanding Service is Our Mission
Our Mission Statement
Our customers and our people are the lifeblood of our business.
Since 1953, we at Wilcox World Travel and Tours have worked hard to continuously improve for the benefit of our customers. We remain totally committed to meeting the needs and expectations of our customers and try to do things for them that others will not or are not able to do.
Through a continuous process of self-examination, we strive to improve the total quality and profitability of our products, processes and services, and the efficiency with which we employ our resources.
Our people are our most valued resource. We work to create an environment which attracts and retains the best people and encourages the development of their personal talents in concert with our customers changing needs.
Award Winning Service!
Wilcox World Travel and Tours / American Express Representative has been honored to be recognized multiple times by our peers, our vendors, our customers and others for the unsurpassed service we have provided over the years. Below is a sampling of the awards that have been presented to us.
- Best of Asheville Award for Travel Agencies
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and first 4 year award winner
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Achievement for exceeding Revenue Goal
1972, 1973, 1981, 1982, 1988, 1994, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- American Express Representative Excellence Award
1999 & 2005
- LAN Chile Airlines Outstanding Achievemet Award for Southern Region Sales
- Sandals and Beaches Resorts Preferred Agency Sales Award
2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Sandals and Beaches Resorts Star Award for outstanding Promotion and Sales
2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- TAM Brazilian Airlines New York Top TAM Sales Award for outstanding sales and promotion
2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Trans Brazil Airlines Top Sales Award for outstanding sales and professionalism
1998, 1999, 2000
- Varig Brazilian Airlines Top Seller Award for Miami Southern Region
1998, 1999, 2000
- South African Airways Gold Award USA for outstanding marketing and sales
1996, 1997, 1998
- Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business Leader of the Year Award for outstanding business achievement and community leadership
- Appalachian State University Chancellors Committee Appreciation Award for significant contributions to the University
- Singapore Airlines Silver Kris Award for outstanding marketing and sales for
1991 & 1992
- American Express Vacations Top 50 Award
1989 & 1990
- American Airlines Sales Achievement Award for outstanding promotion and sales
1987, 1988, 1989
- British Airways Award for stranding the Concorde on April 3rd, 1987 due to a snow storm of over 14 inches of snow
- British Airways Outstanding achievement award for sales and promotions
1986, 1987, 1988
- Lufthansa Airlines Award for Outstanding Sales
- Continental Airlines appreciation for participation and support of the Continental Airlines Incentive Travel Advisory Board
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Sales Achievement Award for outstanding promotion and production
1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Asheville / Buncombe County Charter Sponsor for the Annual BB/BS Ball
- Singapore Airlines Grand Award for outstanding sales performance
1981, 1982, 1984, 1985
- Piedmont Airlines recognition of Outstanding Achievement in the field of travel service
1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
- Scandinavian Airlines Recognition of outstanding cooperation and support and member of Scandinavian Airlines Viking Club
1974, 1975, 1976
- Eastern Airlines Award for outstanding achievement in promotion and sales for Atlanta region
1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979
- Korean Airlines Award of Excellence Outstanding Achievement in generating sales from USA region
1975, 1976, 1977
- Japan Airlines Leadership Award for outstanding promotion and production
- Charter American Express Representative
1967 and first 50 Representatives